Thinking of studying for an MBA online? An increasing number of business schools around the world are offering distance learning MBA programs where students can study from anywhere.
And make no mistake: they are not “learning by mail” programs. Instead, today’s online MBA programs often combine a number of different technologies to provide a learning experience that rivals their classroom programs.
Many distance learning programs combine video lectures with discussions, along with other components such as case studies and exams. And with video chat and social media, students in online MBA programs can even work on group projects and also have virtual meetings with their faculty.
Some business schools also offer hybrid programs, which combine online learning with classroom sessions, so you can have real on-campus experience.
An increasing number of accrediting agencies are certifying online MBA programs. You can filter the list below for schools with AMBA, EQUIS or AACSB accreditation. Browse all online MBA programs below.
Online MBA programs with specializations
There are many online MBA programs that offer specializations, allowing students to focus their studies in a specific area of business.
Here are a few examples:
Kelley School of Business at Indiana University
The Kelley School of Business at Indiana University offers online MBA programs with various specializations to cater to students’ diverse interests and career goals.
Some of the specializations offered in Kelley’s online MBA program are:
This specialization prepares students to make data-driven decisions by equipping them with skills such as data mining, predictive analytics, and business intelligence.
This specialization prepares students for roles in corporate finance, investments, and financial management.
It covers topics such as financial modeling, risk management, and asset valuation.
Global Supply Chain Management
This specialization prepares students to manage complex global supply chains by providing them with skills such as logistics management, procurement, and supplier relationship management.
This specialization focuses on developing students’ skills in brand management, consumer behavior, and market research.
It prepares students for roles such as product managers, marketing directors, and market research analysts.
This specialization equips students with skills in strategic planning, innovation, and organizational design.
It prepares students for leadership roles in strategy, consulting, and general management.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
This specialization focuses on developing students’ skills in starting and growing new ventures.
It covers topics such as opportunity recognition, venture financing, and entrepreneurial strategy.
These specializations are designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of business while allowing them to pursue their interests and career goals.
W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University offers several specializations in their online MBA program, including:
- Business Analytics
- Healthcare Management
- Information Management
- Supply Chain Management
Students can choose to specialize in one of these areas or create their own customized specialization.
The coursework for each specialization consists of a mix of core MBA courses and specialized electives.
Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University
The Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University offers several specializations in their online hybrid MBA program, including:
- Business Analytics
- Operations Management
- Operations Research
- Technology Leadership
Students can also choose to create their own customized specialization by selecting courses from across the MBA curriculum that align with their career goals and interests.
The program combines online coursework with periodic in-person meetings and team projects, providing students with both flexibility and the opportunity for face-to-face interaction and networking.
Fox School of Business at Temple University
The Fox School of Business at Temple University offers several online MBA specializations, including:
- Marketing Management: Focuses on developing skills in strategic marketing, branding, consumer behavior, and market research.
- Business Management: Covers business strategy, operations management, project management, and corporate finance.
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship: Prepares students to develop and launch new business ventures and manage innovation within established companies.
- Health Sector Management: Provides students with an understanding of the healthcare industry, including healthcare economics, policy, and management.
- Financial Management: Focuses on corporate finance, investment banking, and financial planning and analysis.
- Human Resource Management: Covers talent management, employee relations, and employment law.
- Supply Chain Management: Covers the management of the flow of goods and services from raw materials to finished products, including logistics and inventory management.
Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California
The Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California offers several online MBA programs with specializations.
These specializations include:
- Online MBA with a focus in Business Analytics
- Online MBA with a focus in Finance
- Online MBA with a focus in Global Supply Chain Management
- Online MBA with a focus in Management and Organization
- Online MBA with a focus in Marketing
- Online MBA with a focus in Social Entrepreneurship
Each of these specializations is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the relevant industry and equip them with the skills necessary to succeed in their chosen field.
D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University
The D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University offers a variety of online MBA specializations, including:
- Finance: This specialization focuses on financial analysis, management, and investment strategies.
- Healthcare Management: This specialization prepares students to work in healthcare management roles and covers topics such as healthcare economics, policy, and delivery systems.
- High Technology Management: This specialization focuses on the management of technology-based businesses, including entrepreneurship, product development, and marketing.
- Innovation Entrepreneurship: This specialization is designed for students interested in starting their own businesses or working in innovation-focused roles in existing organizations.
- International Management: This specialization focuses on the global business environment and covers topics such as international finance, marketing, and operations.
- Marketing: This specialization focuses on marketing strategy and analysis, including consumer behavior, market research, and branding.
- Supply Chain Management: This specialization focuses on managing the flow of goods and services, including logistics, operations, and procurement.
Interested in reading other articles?
These are just a few examples of online MBA programs that offer specializations.
Many other top business schools offer similar options to help students tailor their studies to their career goals.